COVID-19 (Coronavirus Update)
To our valued communities,
The impact the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is having on our state and country is monumental. We’ve been prompted to find alternative ways to balance new protocols placed on our lives. The spectrum of temporary changes as a result of the spread of the virus is long. However, our dedication and commitment to our communities remain constant.
Your health care needs are essential. Cooperative Health’s clinical, pharmacy, and administrative sites are open to provide care and support for all our patients. Our offices are safe, clean, and sanitary. We strive to keep our staff and patients as safe as possible by implementing protective protocols provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and SC Department of Health and Environment Control (SCDHEC).
Important highlights we’d like our communities to know:
- Virtual telephone based visits. Cooperative Health is now offering telehealth visits to existing patients. In the midst of COVID-19, these phone-based visits will allow for social distancing while providing continuity of care.
- Pediatric services. You are welcome to schedule an appointment most convenient for you and your family. Cooperative Health continues to offer newborn and adolescent well-child and immunization visits.
- Adult services. Don’t wait and put your health off. With COVID – 19, the emergency room and urgent care centers are no place for primary care. If you have blood pressure, diabetes, and other chronic health conditions we need to see you in the office. We want to keep you healthy.
- Pharmacy services. We have four in-house pharmacies to meet your needs. If you do not have insurance, Cooperative Health provides extra savings. Take advantage of our FREE blood pressure and Metformin program.
- Mental and behavioral health services: Do not neglect your mental health. COVID – 19 is an extremely stress oriented time. Remain in care with us. If you are experiencing uncontrolled mental health or psychiatric symptoms please call us.
- ·Obstetrics & Gynecological (OB/GYN) services. Cooperative Health offers extraordinary care in the field of women’s health and pregnancy. Please call us to schedule new or follow-up appointments.
- Podiatry and Dental services: Cooperative Health offers 3 regional locations for the care of your TEETH and FEET. During COVID – 19, dental care is for emergency – acute pain only. Foot care is open for all your needs.
If you are sick with respiratory symptoms and you believe you have COVID-19 or were exposed to it remain calm and call us. Do not come in to the office. Our dedicated team will work with you every step of the way to ensure you receive the screening and care needed. Please remember to practice these preventative measures:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick, except to seek medical care
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, and throw tissues in the trash
- Wash your hands thoroughly and regularly with soap and water
For accurate information on COVID-19, watch the following videos from the Center of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
What is Coronavirus?
What’s my risk?
How to protect myself?
We’re still here to make sure your health care needs are addressed. We are committed to maintaining accessible, high quality compassionate health care services for our patients during these uncertain times. Make an appointment today to receive first-class health care in a safe and friendly environment.
Thank you for trusting Cooperative Health with your health care needs.